CEOs, Heads of State, Ministers, investors and U.N. leaders will be joined by stars of music, sport and film for an exclusive two-day forum on Africa’s future.
The Global Africa Business Initiative (GABI), a platform that promotes business, trade, and investment across the continent, announced the lineup for Unstoppable Africa. The two-day event will take place in New York City on September 21st and 22nd.
The event serves as a forum for Heads of State and Government, CEOs, investors, policymakers, industry experts, artists, athletes, and U.N. leaders to discuss and strategize a way forward for Africa’s vast business landscape. GABI's goal is to facilitate solution-driven dialogues, inclusive participation, and enriching conversations and debates geared towards accelerating and amplifying Africa's business and economic growth.
Unstoppable Africa takes place as African leaders work collectively to leverage the continent’s assets, including a young population and abundant natural resources while turning challenges like climate change, energy constraints, water scarcity, and food supply into opportunities. The initiative also mirrors GABI’s commitment to globally redefining Africa’s economic narrative.
The event boasts a diverse and influential lineup of speakers, each representing a distinct facet of Africa’s dynamic business ecosystem. To date, some of the confirmed speakers and participants include:
- H.E. Macky Sall, President of the Republic of Senegal
- H.E. Mokgweetsi Eric Keabetswe Masisi, President of Botswana
- H.E. Antonio Guterres, Secretary-General, United Nations
- Eric Adams, Mayor of New York City
- Amina J. Mohammed, Deputy Secretary-General, United Nations
- Wamkele Mene, Secretary-General, African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA)
- Akinwumi Adesina, President, African Development Bank
- Professor Benedict Oramah, President, AfrExImBank
- Samalia Zubairu, President & CEO at the African Finance Corporation
- Dr. Rajiv Shah, President, The Rockefeller Foundation
- Senait Fisseha, Vice President of Global Programs, The Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation
- Spike Lee, filmmaker and actor, United States
- Acha Leke, Chairman and Senior Partner at McKinsey & Company
- Ruth Porat, President & CIO, Google and Alphabet
- James Manyika, Senior Vice-President, Google
- Dr. James Mwangi, CEO & Managing Director, Equity Group Holdings
- Abdul Samad Rabiu, Founder and Chairman at the BUA Group
- Mo Ibrahim, Founder and Chair of the Mo Ibrahim Foundation
- Dr. Jean Kaseya, Director-General of Africa CDC
- Corinne Momal-Vanian, Executive Director, Kofi Annan Foundation
- Moky Makura, Executive Director at Africa No Filter
- Caroline Wanga, President & CEO, Essence Ventures; Co-Founder of Wanga Woman LLC
- Baaba Maal, recording artist, Senegal
- Asisat Oshoala, Professional Footballer, Nigeria
- Pamela Coke-Hamilton, Executive Director, International Trade Centre
“GABI’s Unstoppable Africa event is a testament to the power of collaboration and innovation in amplifying Africa’s opportunities,” said Sanda Ojiambo, the Assistant Secretary-General and CEO at the U.N. Global Compact.
“We are thrilled to be part of GABI’s Unstoppable Africa event," said Tamika Tremaglio, the Executive Director of the National Basketball Players Association (NBPA). "Our partnership is rooted in the belief that economic growth and sustainable development in Africa are vital not only for the continent but also for the world at large.”
The event will be hosted by Al Jazeera English anchor, Folly Bah Thibault and is supported by Google, Mastercard Foundation, Summa Group, AfrExImBank, Abdul Samad Rabiu Initiative (ASRi), Rockefeller Foundation, The Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation, Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL), and the NBPA among others.
The three themes for this year’s agenda are: Energy Access and Energy Transition, Inclusive Growth and Trade, and Digital Transformation. These themes will be explored through a series of keynotes, fireside chats, and panel discussions.
Livestream and virtual participation for Unstoppable Africa are available.
APO Group, Eneya B. Phiri